(This page will probably be updated as time goes on)Continue reading “#AmareTeaBreak Prompts”
Game Delay Information
We are very sorry to announce that unfortunately we are delaying In Blood’s release until Quarter 1 of 2022 (up to March). We had really wanted to release the game in December, but it has become clear that we won’t be able to meet that deadline without heavily cutting down on the game.
We reached out to our backers for feedback on what we should do and they very overwhelmingly gave us their support for a delay.
We’re delaying in part because it’s been a very hard few years thanks in large part to Covid. We’ve had a lot of changes in our lives, and have in many ways hit a wall energy-wise. I’m sure we’re not alone! This makes work slower than usual.
The game is also over 2x longer than anything else I’ve ever written at 220,000 words currently (This number will grow with Karon and Seta edits.) We would rather take more time and do it right, than to rush out a lesser product. With In Blood we have focused a lot on revisions and edits trying to make the game and the romances the best they can possibly be. We’ve also paid special attention to the endings since that is a frequent critique of our past games.
We do not have a concrete date in mind yet, and do not want to over-promise. We will announce a more solid release date as time passes and things become more clear. The last thing we want to do is announce another date we cannot keep.Continue reading “Release Date Delay Announcement”
Content Warning: Discussing topics of obsession, stalking, abuse
You’re minding your own business, eating lunch at a local café, when you can’t help but shudder. It feels like someone is watching you… but, when you look there is no one around.
Or is there?
What is a Yandere?
Yandere is a Japanese term used to describe someone who is essentially sick with love. The nuances of this can vary, with Urban Dictionary defining Yandere as “A person who will go to near-extreme to extreme lengths to be in or deepen a desired relationship, whether it be romantic, platonic, familial, etc.”, while Dictionary.com defines it more broadly as “A yandere is a character, most often female and in anime, who become violently possessive of a love interest.”.
I will admit to being amused that dictionary.com asserts that this is a trope aligned to female anime characters. Because while ‘Yandere’ is a Japanese trope, the concept of an ‘obsessive lover’ is a trope that spans over all cultures and media. It is hardly exclusive to gender or anime.
You may have heard of the Netflix series “You”, or the movie that defined a genre of evil mistresses: “Fatal Attraction”. These are just the bigger examples from a wealth of movies, TV shows, Books, Comics, and more that feature the obsessive lover trope. Or, as it is called by anime fans, the Yandere.Continue reading “Love Sick”
As In Blood is edging closer to the finish line we’ve been reflecting a lot on the past and present Jaime Scribbles Games, and how we progress into future endeavors. Follow us on this small journey through some of our setbacks and successes.Continue reading “The Growth of Jaime Scribbles Games”
You’re probably clicking on this link because you’ve seen developers talking about a new subgenre of visual novels: Amare. You may have also seen this infographic floating around:Continue reading “What is Amare?”
The Fan Art Contest is over and we got some amazing entries! It was really hard to pick a winner! We absolutely adored each and every entry and everyone was so creative with what they submitted.
Vox Vulpi did a great job with Ray, and we loved how she incorporated flower language! This is what she had to say about her entry on Steam:Continue reading “Fan Art Contest Results”
People are playing and talking about In Blood! It’s really cool to see other people experience a game we have been working so hard on, so we thought we’d share some of the links we’ve managed to collect of people talking about the game, or playing it. We’re really thankful so many people have helped us promote so check them and their content out!!Continue reading “In Blood Around The Web”
We are holding a Fan Art contest during the Kickstarter month! We’d love to see any of your artistic impressions of our characters, regardless of skill/art experience! Prizes will be awarded to the winner, and if enough people participate we will have runner-up prizes as well.
What you want to do:
2. Upload the fan art to the game’s respective steam pages (linked above!).
(note: if you don’t own the games on Steam you can send the art to us and we can upload it for you! We will credit you of course. For As We Know It and In Blood you can upload if you download the free demo.)
3. email us at: ScribbleGamesVN [at] gmail [dot] com or tag/DM Elan on Twitter @PMscenarios with a copy of your fan art and how you’d like to be contacted if you win, and how you’d like to be credited when we showcase you on Twitter/Instagram. (Twitter/Instagram handles so we can tag you are encouraged, but not required.)
Contest takes place July 03 – August 03
- A sticker sheet for Pinewood Island, As We Know It, and In Blood(coming soon).
- A steam key for Pinewood Island, As We Know It and In Blood (when it releases).
- All of the desktop wallpapers for my 3 games! 2 from Pinewood Island, 4 from As We Know It, and 10 from In Blood wallpapers(coming soon).
- The PDF art book for As We Know It and In Blood(coming soon)
- A special mention in In Blood as a ‘previous worshipper’ (You can provide any first name you like, if you don’t want to use your own. Must not be offensive or derogatory.)
- A handwritten thank you for your fan art from Jaime to you!
We will ship anywhere in the world, however there are some areas that may have shipping restrictions due to COVID so there could be delays. This will only apply to physical rewards though!
- It must be fan art from one of the above 3 games
- It must be uploaded to the game’s steam page under ‘Artwork’ (Though we can do this for you, see above)
- You must email/DM us so I know how to contact you and credit you.
- It does NOT have to be brand new fan art. If you’ve drawn fan art previously but have not uploaded it to steam, go ahead and submit!
- Multiple submissions are accepted, but will not increase your chance of winning.
- You can share and post the image wherever you like, We do not own any rights to your drawing. We only ask to post it on Twitter/Instagram and we would like to credit you. We’re happy to post anonymously if requested as well. We can also post it to Steam for you, with your permission and upon request.
The winner will be chosen based on who best captures the spirit and mood of the character and world of the game, art skills are not considered. If enough people enter we will add runner-up prizes.
Where to find us:
A group of students, their Professor and his T.A. arrive on a secluded island for a 4 week long science program. The plan is to study the natural flora on the island while earning double the credit.
This is interrupted when the Professor is killed after an impromptu beach party. When they try to call for help they find that the phones do not work. There is no boat, and no way to contact the mainland.
A charter boat isn’t set to arrive for them until the 4 weeks are over.
You must decide where to focus your energy, and who to focus it on. Mistakes can be deadly.
Some of the students start to crack under the pressure. Try to survive and solve the murder while potentially indulging in romance.
- 3 male romance options
- A romance-free friendship route with Susan
- customizable protagonist
- Over 20 endings
- 10 achievements
- 16 CG illustrations
- Original music
- Over 55K words long
Why you should make them, and what they are.
A press-kit is something that a lot of indie developers do, in fact it is something a lot of businesses do. It is basically a tidy way to package information that you would like to announce, and then give to ‘press’. There are a ton of amazing resources out there about press-kits, but, if you have no idea what they are or why you should bother this post will be for you!